How do we do it?
REAP established three social enterprises; Heart to Heart Gift Baskets & Packaging and New 2 U Sports & most recently, Fresh Picks. Participants are trained in our businesses; learning soft skills and a broad range of job skills; preparing them for employment with us or in the community; as they choose. We also help entrepreneurs with and without disabilities realize their dreams of self-employment.
We continue to build relationships with other business owners, corporations, faith-based & service organizations with the goal of expanding our training experiences and creating additional employment opportunities for our participants.
How can you help?
Find out more of the many ways you can make a difference.
REAP does a variety of events throughout the year. Some are friend-raising, some are fund raising, all are just a lot of fun. We’d like to do more and are hoping that with Ambassadors, we can be celebrating somewhere in town at least twice a month.
- Oktoberfest at St. Benedict’s – Heart to Heart Gift Basket
- 2nd Wednesday of every month, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. at REAP (resumes October).
- Hands On Day – Join the fun! Participate in our Pinwheel Project; bringing gifts, visiting and planting a pinwheel garden at senior communities in the Metro Richmond Region.
- Our Annual Artisan Showcase – Held at St. Michael’s Catholic Church
As you know, for a nonprofit, “development” is about funding. It can be about events, sponsorships, donations or grants. We welcome and appreciate all of the above. And if, as part of the Development Team you want to make a donation, that’s great – thank you. But, there are other ways to help.
- In-kind donations – can be services, auction prizes, merchandise (for Heart to Heart Gift Baskets or New 2 U Sports). In-kind donations have been a tremendous help and had real financial value to REAP in the past. We’re welcome additional donations of this kind.
- Grant Opportunities – we are aware and have received grant funds from several churches, businesses and organizations in town. Can you tell us about others, so we can apply?
Be the first to hear the latest news from REAP; highlights about our participants, upcoming events, program enhancements, hero spotlights and more. Share one of our stories with your family and friends. Forward our newsletter, post on social media – do whatever works best for you.
Do you have a special skill or talent or service you’d like to share with REAP? Writer, journalist, photographer, graphic artist, videographer? Accountant, financial expertise, business development/analysis? Every contribution is valued and appreciated. Just let us know how you’d like to serve. Business owners – would you like to partner in some way? We’d welcome the opportunity to meet to discuss.
Are you a person of influence? Do you know someone who is? Do you regularly attend a networking meeting? Are you part of a business, faith-based or community organization? Do you know someone in the media? Would you be willing to represent REAP in some way at any of these gatherings?
Every nonprofit survives from the passion and dedication of its volunteers, and REAP is no different. Join Us & Make a Difference!